It is a method that concentrates on limiting the changeability in processes, thus influencing the company’s improvement of competitiveness. The underlying notion linked to Six Sigma is DMAIC, which is a core of Six Sigma projects. The following demonstrates the steps of DMAIC:
- Define – define the business problem and the aim of the project,
- Measure – measure the process (setting objective initial conditions),
- Analyze – its aim is to establish the source reasons for the observed problem,
- Improve – having defined the problem, steps are to be undertaken with the aim of optimizing the selected process,
- Control – maintaining the introduced changes.