The concept of Industry 4.0 is defined as a forth industrial revolution whose main feature is the communication od multifarious devices in a company via a net (Internet of Things). The previous revolutions were characterized with the following:
- The industrial Revolution – extensive mechanization.
- The Industrial Revolution – electrification, the appearance of the assembly line, mass production.
- The industrial Revolution – digitization and automation of the assembly line.
Industry 4.0 is a general concept and embraces many aspects, i.e. 3D print, cloud computing, cyber security, or the aforementioned IoT. Most importantly, ASD Consulting supports its customers in employing artificial intelligence in the forthcoming areas:
- Production (exploring correlations between different variables, i.e. how a material from the supplier X influences the efficiency of production),
- Quality (statistical control of the process),
- Production planning (automatic construction of the optimum production plan),
- Sale (demand forecasting, profiling sales offers),
- Maintenance of the interoperability (forecasting malfunctions),
- Distribution (identifying the most optimum connections).